View Single Post
Old 26-01-2007, 09:42   #1
Liesbeth

That is very true. Here in Belgium, they're very strict. Many dogs who got tested here and received HDC, received HDA in the Netherlands. Based on the SAME x-rays. So photo's from Belgium were send to other countries to judge them to. And all the other countries were less strict and dogs received A or B, while they received C or D in Belgium, based on the same photo. That's why many dogs got 'sold' to, for example, the Netherlands. Then they got tested for HD (most of the time with good results) and then they were sold back to Belgium. So the Belgian breeder got a HDA-dog. In Belgium that dog would have got HDB-C or even D... For that reason, all the countries have come together for a meeting and they discussed the problem of the interpretation of HD-photos and how the dog has to be x-rayed, what age and so on. So they're working on that problem, since one year.

The example I gave about the dogs who got sold to other countries... That is NOT about wolfdogs.I was just talking in general. In Belgium we don't have a lot of wolfdogs and the few breeders in Belgium are really trying to do their very best for the breed. The rules for breeding are also very strict in Belgium. Not only about the hips, but also your dog needs good show results, proof that she is a good working dog and so on. I mention this, just in case some people think there are no rules for breeding here in Belgium

Liesbeth
Liesbeth jest offline   Reply With Quote