View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 01:18   #19
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

nice discussion Przemek.
Just a couple of comments:
I'm good in maths and statistics too.
On a mathematical point of view, considering dogs and offspring, NO WORKING LINE EXISTS TODAY.
I agree.
Quote:
I understand that people who own wolfdogs that have Hasso in their pedigree will promote him as a founder of a working line because at the same time their dogs become "woldogs from THE working line" Breeders are also very often promoting the same way - having puppies from "working line" is not a bad thing even when it's just a marketing talk
I do not own any son of hasso or hero so I am not one of those promoting them.
I leave Marketing and Mass Mediatic publicity or Mass Puppy production to expert breeders and pc users, there are many aren't there? ...
I would just like people around to reflect on a couple of points:
a dog with no working results not necessarily means he is not a "possible" working dog, because this would be valid only if they receive the same socialization and training so it's obvious that's not possible.
statistics and percentages would be useless.
But we can make an "opposite" calculation: how many dogs have ipo or equivalent today? does any of them have the same percentage of DIRECT SONS like Hasso in all the history of wolfdogs?
I cannot make this calculation as I do not have direct access to your database.
3/34=8.8%, and 34 is an interesting population (if it was 1 ipo out of 2 puppies number would NOT be significant).
Is this a simple coincidence?
Maybe, maybe Hasso was so lucky that they always mated him with females with very good working bloodline, and didn't put any "working" blood himself, maybe it's a coincidence as you say.
I personally don't think so.
Big male studs (ex.Milo/Cutt/Clover/Charon/etc.) have same or similar coincidences with more than one direct son IPO?
I am curious to know.
Massimo