View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:02   #24
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1
Maybe the bigger problem we have, is that there starts to appear a lot of males, that are not having typical masculine head and body built. And if the male is not looking like a male, it is fault against the standard. But it cannot be solved by eliminating larger females, so that the males "look masculine" next to them.
And here is the difference - what you write is right when we speak about "your" countries (NL, FR, LU, BE)... You have there problem with males which have too light bones, too small, which have too narrow heads with feminine look. The females are OK.
Again, I am sorry but I have to disagree. I was not speaking about "my" countries at all. Or maybe I was, because I consider "my" countries to be Czech Republic and Slovakia. And this summer, in both of these countries I´ve seen males, that were not able to match my females. I had Czech owner running towards me happily with his tiny female, telling her on the way:"Woo, let´s go see these two gorgeous males..". When I stopped him in time explaining they were females, he was totally shocked and then sad about size and look of his own female.

This summer, I´ve met many dogs in Lazne Belohrad, that were males and did not look like males at all. If I have to bend and look down everytime I meet a wolfdog to figure, if it is female or male, then there is something wrong. The sex of the male or female should be clear for the first sight.

So what is worrying me, is not the size of our dogs, but the raising amount of "unisex" looking dogs with light bones and light heads. This summer in CR (and SR) I saw, the jackals reached the East countries, too.