View Single Post
Old 14-09-2004, 19:41   #13
Wolfsirius

Hmm. I wonder same thing. Why use canadian wolves?
Was it easier to get than Karpathian?
Was it more nice than Karpathian wolf?

During these years many breed had go to "show type"
and for many people canadian/european wolf is more nice than Karpathian wolf.
For me, Karpathian wolf is one of the most important "mark" in our breed.
and makes difference ex. with Saarloos.

Dysplasia. It is very big problem, but i think, (like also many vets here) that is not only hereditary problem, but
also how you feed your bitch as it's pregnant, how you feed/keep your puppies, and how new puppyowners will feed/keep puppies.

I think, as bigger kennel, more problems. Too less time for individuals. Momentally we have 10 dogs, and 2 people to take care of it.
It is very expensive to feed young, growing dogs with good, balanced dryfood (In Finland meat is extremely expensive)
It's also very demanding to get your young dogs grow up healthy. No matter about breed (with large breeds, of course)
Most hardest thing is to find GOOD loving homes for puppies, with people who really want to listen to you with your feeding instruction, and what you can do, if new puppyowners will feed puppy on their "own way" (often couse it's cheaper) if they are too hurry to go on with puppy (ex. compulsion excercise). I have noticed also very big difference between dog livin in a house with garden, and dog livin in apartment. Difference can see how puppy is built, how puppy is moving, and often also in it's healthyness by HD and OD. (i am also breeder of Spinoni Italiano) Think about. Young heavy built dog get all excercise leashed. Walked stairs many times daily, almost all weight will accumulate to elbows and hips. Think about wolves. Free excercise on their own tempo.
I had have Spinoni (from litter of 8 puppy) mother was HD D, father was HD B, all sisters was HD C / D ,
my male was HD A, and his offsprings mostly HD A too.
I guess, HD is not biggest problem in our breed. As i solved out diseases of Saarloos,
I felt down of my chair. Such a healthy breed..? There was lot more than i ever imagine, and many other serious problem than HD.

I wonder, have CsV;s with HD D or E some problems to live with it? Or is the problem just F.C.I. index,
where best result is A? It is often so, that if you have possibility to be a winner, you must be a winner, no matter how.
Of course i wanted all my dogs to be HD A, but if i have dog with HD D without any problems, what is the difference between these dogs, except index result of F.C.I.?
Ok, that's all by now about HD. I guess, vets know much more, these were only my thoughts about this.

For me, best answers we all could get from owners and breeders of these dogs directly?

What you think about crossings of CsV and SWH? Do you have any idea how many of these are registered as purebreed?
Two totally different breed, and i can say, it is quite easy to notice mixed dog. If you are really interested in your dogs/breed
you just can see, which is not pure breed, and which is. (mostly)

Dna Test cost here about 60€/puppy, if you take test from all your puppies at same time, (if you test only 1 dog, it's more expensive)
but here it is easy. Vet take samples after had check chip or tattoo, and send samples to lab. Results will come to you by post, and also marks for every puppy's pedigree
that they really are from parents in pedigree stays.
I hope it will be easier in every country soon.

I wanted to say so much, but nobody wanted to read a book "lord of the rings" so
no more to say just now.

-Suski
-Suski-
Wolfsirius jest offline   Reply With Quote