Wolfdog.org forum

Wolfdog.org forum (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/index.php)
-   Breeding (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Stud fees (http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21384)

monita 06-11-2011 20:23

Stud fees

I would like everyone who can to write down for how much they do matings with their dogs.

We have 2 males.
Namir von Neckartal: €200
Crying Wolf Juma: €200

I asked multiple times in Slovakia about mating, I got answers in e-mail, I'll write here what answers I got.
Jakari: €450
Hit: €800
Ares: €400+
In Czech Amore Mio wrote he won't do matings with our dogs.

It's just that I'm corious.

CDaniela 06-11-2011 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by monita (Bericht 411580)
In Czech Amore Mio wrote he won't do matings with our dogs.

I don´t understand :rock_3

monita 06-11-2011 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDaniela (Bericht 411606)
I don´t understand :rock_3

I don't understand what you don't understand.
I think in the interest of fixing the species we need many varied pairings.
If we don't give the same price for the people living the same country as us as the other people, then we don't help the species. Different people said different prices to me. But you were correct, you wrote you won't do matings for us.
I would appriciate if someone would do a mating with our dogs here. :wolf

Morian 06-11-2011 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monita (Bericht 411580)
Jakari: €450
Hit: €800
Ares: €400+

hitt doesn't have fixed studfee, he has .../pup 8)
my male (for statistics :lol:) is from 50 to 100/pup (hd a, ed 0, dm n/n, pra free, t1 characer test, champion). the price differs because some people can come from 300 km, but some from 1500 km. for me it's important cause i understand them, i live very far from foreign stud males, i must pay for visa etc. so it would be not too honest from my side to ask for the same price like from the people which will not pay for visa, go so far etc.
also i know that males in cz want something around 50-80 eur/pup. males from slovakia want more (why - for me it's still a secret :oops:). i mean only healthy males of course.

Morian 06-11-2011 21:46

and sorry, let me start little offtopic here :roll:
dear owners of stud males and breeding females, do you ask for health tests before mating? i mean tests for sexually transmitted diseases like mycoplasma, herpes, staphilococcus, streptococcus, ureaplasma etc.?

Mist 06-11-2011 21:52

I have heard about stud dog owner from Austria, who wants 1500 Euro for covering (does not matter, how many puppies will be born).

Morian 06-11-2011 21:55

mist, i also know the same situations... but "only" for 1000 :lol: imagine, if we (people from "so far far kingdom") go - we spend ~ 1000 eur only for travel, ~ 100 for visa... brrrr :cry:

Mist 06-11-2011 22:07

But I do not think, that stud dog owners, who want higher fees for covering, are bad people and destroy the breed. They spent a lot of money to present their dog (dog show fees, travelling to other countries etc.) and of course their dog is more expensive than some other dog, which has never been out of his garden.

Morian 06-11-2011 22:10

i meant +/- same dogs - having bonitation, championship(s), hd and ed evaluation, dm result etc. by default

GalomyOak 06-11-2011 23:01

In the US, it is common practice to receive the price for one puppy (or receive the pick of the litter instead of a fee). Many stud owners will offer a repeat breeding in the case of a small litter.

Mikael 06-11-2011 23:07

In Sweden one puppy price to, if at least 2 puppys in the litter,,,

Very best regards / M

CDaniela 06-11-2011 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monita (Bericht 411607)
But you were correct, you wrote you won't do matings for us.

Which female?

Morian 06-11-2011 23:58

will anybody answer to this (or i start feel crazy with such requirements :lol:)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morian (Bericht 411615)
do you ask for health tests before mating? i mean tests for sexually transmitted diseases like mycoplasma, herpes, staphilococcus, streptococcus, ureaplasma etc.?

yukidomari 07-11-2011 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morian (Bericht 411666)
will anybody answer to this (or i start feel crazy with such requirements :lol:)?

I am not a breeder but talking to other US breeders (not for CsV), many require the results of Brucellosis for any potential cross.

mijke 07-11-2011 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morian (Bericht 411615)
and sorry, let me start little offtopic here :roll:dear owners of stud males and breeding females, do you ask for health tests before mating? i mean tests for sexually transmitted diseases like mycoplasma, herpes, staphilococcus, streptococcus, ureaplasma etc.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morian (Bericht 411666)

No you are not crazy! ;)

In my country for some breeds (and breed clubs) this is more common to ask ;) But for CsW I did not hear this question before!

But before mating I always did test my females for such diseases (also CsW) , but did not ask this for males when it was not usual in club rules or the breed community;-)

And for mating prices in my country:
Normally it is about the price of one puppy (although some breeders do ask more)
All sportive hobby breeders (in several breeds) in my country ask € 100 for each living pup with 2 weeks with a max of the puppy price! (so the risk is for female and male owner)
And for me this is a normal sportive and honest rule .:)

But there are also CsW owners in my country who ask the max price to pay with covering. When the female is empty, you can come back one time. When she is empty again you have bad luck…. :roll:

But when Dutch female owners go to other countries for covering it is a much different story!! Even in CZ and SK sometimes huge prices are/were asked for females of abroad! Sometimes even after a female was covered the male owner did ask much more cash money than was agreed before :evil:

But…. I never did agree with (for me un sportive or strange) covering rules of breeders in CZ , SK and other countries (for female of my own or of others), and so I know only sportive and honest breeders who did cover females of West Europe :)

Morian 07-11-2011 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mijke (Bericht 411673)
No you are not crazy! ;)

i am, i am... 8)

Quote:

In my country for some breeds (and breed clubs) this is more common to ask ;) But for CsW I did not hear this question before!
very strange. i heard about many cases of herpes, for example. when whole litters died, when males couldn't "make" pups, when females got ill after covering... i mean csv of course.

Quote:

But before mating I always did test my females for such diseases (also CsW) , but did not ask this for males when it was not usual in club rules or the breed community:wink:
hope russian people will not read it 8) i tested my male before he covered his first bitch. he was healthy. then the bitch remained empty... but my male got some surprise when i repeated the same tests later(i did it because all i heard from her owner seemed strange to me - too long heat, pups were visible on usg, but then they disappeared etc.). that's why i ask here do other people ask for these tests or not. i don't want to look crazy if i ask it from anybody interested in my male :lol: but ok, there are many more factors... last time i didn't ask tests only because i know that bitch very good :oops:

Quote:

All sportive hobby breeders (in several breeds) in my country ask € 100 for each living pup with 2 weeks with a max of the puppy price!
but prices differ. i don't want to name exact males, but for example we contacted one male from czech (he is cpmpletely healthy - hd a, ed 0, dm n/n, has show ch titles etc.) and his owners asked for 50 eur/pup. then we contacted another male from slovakia which had only hd result and 1 cac if i remember good, no training, nothing more... and his owner wanted from us 100 eur. so the question is: what determines the price (i don't talk about owner's fantasy :lol:)? seems there is no logic at all. i explained in my previous message how i define studfee, cause some people from europe contacted me and i really know what is to make visa and what is to go so far... that's why i wonder more and more.

Quote:

But there are also CsW owners in my country who ask the max price to pay with covering. When the female is empty, you can come back one time. When she is empty again you have bad luck…. :roll:
stupidity...

monita 07-11-2011 18:26

Daniela!
Ch. Mona von neckartal

*Satu 08-11-2011 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morian (Bericht 411618)
mist, i also know the same situations... but "only" for 1000 :lol: imagine, if we (people from "so far far kingdom") go - we spend ~ 1000 eur only for travel, ~ 100 for visa... brrrr :cry:

Not bad at all.

after 5000km and almost 2 week traveling, 4x progesteroni tests a´100e and my female is pregnant. every km i have drive by my self.

and after that next 6000km because next dog was in heat.... (other breed)

Morian 08-11-2011 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 411958)
after 5000km and almost 2 week traveling

to lithuania?? :o

*Satu 09-11-2011 00:21

Twice :) in one heat and one way is ower 1200km.... i don´t live in Helsinki ;)
also male dosen´t live there where i stayed.

Hanka 09-11-2011 09:02

Every owner of male can have "own" price of using of male. It can be 200 or 2000Euro and nobody MUST explain to somebody WHY he has this price. Is it high for you? It is easy: don´t use this male. If owner of male will see, nobody wants pay so much money, he will must change his price. Or- male will not have pups.
But I think, nobody here will explain WHY he wants this or this price.

Gaga 09-11-2011 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 411972)
Twice :) in one heat and one way is ower 1200km.... i don´t live in Helsinki ;)
also male dosen´t live there where i stayed.

Why you don't use the insemination? many breeders (other breeds) use it for their comfort and minimize the risk of infection their female (and male too). We live in XXI century :)

Morian 09-11-2011 13:41

hanka, nobody talks about your trade secrets, don't worry :lol:
monita was curious, what is wrong?

Hanka 09-11-2011 13:47

Nothing is bad on her questions. But you attacked some owner of male and you wait some explaining from his...His male has "in owner´s eyes" some value. Why not? Why you critise him? He will not explain you, why he wants XY money. Yes, price really depends on his phantasy.

Morian 09-11-2011 13:49

i attacked? whom?
seems full moon is coming again :lol::lol::lol::lol:

monita 09-11-2011 17:54

@hanka:
Hanka, I would like to know that if the male dog owners dare to say how much they do matings for. As you could read here, I'm just curious. My interests are that for example, a male living in Slovakia for a Slovakian will do matings for €400, but for me, a Hungarian, for €1000. What's the difference between us? I go to Slovakia for bonitation, to greater dog shows, unlike some other people, who don't dare. The male in my possession will do matings both for Hungarians and you, for example, for €200.
And how much you do matings for? - I'm just curious.
Nothing is too expensive for me if I see it's meaning. But I don't like discrimination.

Morian 09-11-2011 17:57

and maybe hanka which blamed me will quote my attack and name "him"? ;) or it will still look stupid

CDaniela 09-11-2011 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaga (Bericht 411999)
Why you don't use the insemination? many breeders (other breeds) use it for their comfort and minimize the risk of infection their female (and male too). We live in XXI century :)

I think that insemination isn´t ideal way.
Once I used this method, but no puppies were born. Estimated 100% female ovulation is the biggest problem.
Do you know some litter of csv, which originated from artificial insemination?

hekate 09-11-2011 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDaniela (Bericht 412131)

The litter of my dog Uruk Hai comes from an artificial insemination because his father Erik Nanook life in Canada.

michaelundinaeichhorn 09-11-2011 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by hekate (Bericht 412136)
The litter of my dog Uruk Hai comes from an artificial insemination because his father Erik Nanook life in Canada.

No, Selma was mated in Vienna.
During the winter Erik Nanook lives in Austria.

Michael

*Satu 09-11-2011 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaga (Bericht 411999)

Because i want to do it in natural way, my choice ;)

hekate 10-11-2011 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn (Bericht 412149)
No, Selma was mated in Vienna.
During the winter Erik Nanook lives in Austria.

Michael

Ok sorry, so no I do not know litter from an artificial insemination.

Gaga 10-11-2011 00:03

Quote:

Once I used this method, but no puppies were born. Estimated 100% female ovulation is the biggest problem.

I know many dogs from other breeds, no csv. Some dogs are not in good condition (the health) so some breeders prefer insemination. Of course-it's personal choice. I asked because I understand the problem of a long way and money. And..some females don't want to be mated far from home, they are in big stress.

*Satu 10-11-2011 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaga (Bericht 412155)
I know many dogs from other breeds, no csv. Some dogs are not in good condition (the health) so some breeders prefer insemination. Of course-it's personal choice. I asked because I understand the problem of a long way and money. And..some females don't want to be mated far from home, they are in big stress.

I don´t use females for breeding who have so big stress.

i know very many breeds who can´t mate in nature because every breeder use only insemination.

Nebulosa 10-11-2011 02:46

Quote:

Yes, so far I know the A litter of the kennel La Llamada del Lobo in Spain, came from one IA, if not deceive me with cooled semen.

michaelundinaeichhorn 10-11-2011 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 412156)

i know very many breeds who can´t mate in nature because every breeder use only insemination.

I totally agree with that. There are many breeds with problems in natural mating. They normally use AI with those dogs. The results are more dogs with a massive lack in normal behavioural patterns.

Ina

CDaniela 10-11-2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 412156)

Yes, It is true.
Insemination can be for female greater stress than the long journey.

Gaga 10-11-2011 09:31

But maybe, sometimes the IA it's a better choice than taking the worse male only because he lives near us:) I don't want to say that everyone should use the IA, it's only a possibility...;)

*Satu 10-11-2011 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaga (Bericht 412173)
But maybe, sometimes the IA it's a better choice than taking the worse male only because he lives near us:) I don't want to say that everyone should use the IA, it's only a possibility...;)

Also in natural way, I can see male what i use, in live then i can be sure that male character is ok.
I didn´t cry that my mating trip was to long.

Male was great and i will see after 2 week my next litter.
I don´t make my choice of male or how long way i have.

Other detale was comming first.

Male doesn´t have to many litter´s. Type is ok. Healty results.
and every kennel doesn´t have same combination. Matador breeding doesn´t help at all.

Gaga 10-11-2011 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 412237)
Also in natural way, I can see male what i use, in live then i can be sure that male character is ok.
I didn´t cry that my mating trip was to long.

Male was great and i will see after 2 week my next litter.
I don´t make my choice of male or how long way i have.

Other detale was comming first.

Male doesn´t have to many litter´s. Type is ok. Healty results.
and every kennel doesn´t have same combination. Matador breeding doesn´t help at all.

Sorry Satu- I didn't write it against you. Not at all :) It was only another point of view in discussion:)

*Satu 10-11-2011 15:08

^ i didn´t think that at all. I only told my opinoin about this. ;-)

I Finland we can use one female only 4 times in life time. ( other country you can make litter in every year)

That why i need to think very hard what kind male and combination i will make.

monita 10-11-2011 18:49

Dear Forum members!

I haven't got any reply for the question I asked. If someone doesn't want to reply in public, I promise I won't post it anywhere if (s)he sends me the price in e-mail ([email protected]).

*Satu 10-11-2011 19:09

Baron was 100e per living 2week old puppy. Now days 0,-

I have asked and one asked 700e per litter, one 100e per pup and one says i have heard not so nice about you and sorry. (about barons healty)

One from france asked 1500e hah hah hah!

from cz 700cz koruna per pup about 35e

CDaniela 11-11-2011 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 412241)
^ i didn´t think that at all. I only told my opinoin about this. ;-)

I Finland we can use one female only 4 times in life time. ( other country you can make litter in every year)

That why i need to think very hard what kind male and combination i will make.

Reasonable decisions. Some breeders (in Central Europe) consider their females as puppies factory ...

Shadowlands 11-11-2011 12:33

We wrer given such a wide range of prices, it was unbelievable :(. From the very reasonable flat 500 Euros to 1500 Euros plus 50 per living pup :puppy_dog_eyes (we had 9 pups last time!). The argument made for some of the fees was that it was the price of a puppy - well, maybe in their country it was, but certainly not here in Bulgaria :p.

As someone has already mentioned, there are no rules governing this fee - a price is given and if you don't like it, use a different stud. It's as easy as that.

*Satu 12-11-2011 16:23

I forget one Dog from france was 1000e.

True is that i´m ready to pay if i really want use male but some owners think this is best and easy work.

Every dog owner and breeder can tell own prices but some times price is from space.

monita 19-11-2011 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDaniela (Bericht 412324)
Reasonable decisions. Some breeders (in Central Europe) consider their females as puppies factory ...

In Central Europe, there's only one "breeder" where 30-40 puppies born every year, but I think as a dog-factory of his/her kennel, just like some other people.

Norky 23-11-2011 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by monita (Bericht 413127)
In Central Europe, there's only one "breeder" where 30-40 puppies born every year, but I think as a dog-factory of his/her kennel, just like some other people.

Shame on you!:evil:
I do not even speak the your position ...
Stay more silently...
You would be better, and we also

monita 23-11-2011 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norky (Bericht 413557)
Shame on you!:evil:
I do not even speak the your position ...
Stay more silently...
You would be better, and we also

I don't know what you're writing about, I neither wrote a name nor I suggested to it. And it wasn't me who brought up this topic.
Central Europe is rather big. But this also means you know more about it than me.
Sure you're not who we're suggesting for, because you're not a breeder. You got the von Hause Norky name from me took, and my son made your webpage too.

Norky 23-11-2011 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by monita (Bericht 413619)
I don't know what you're writing about, I neither wrote a name nor I suggested to it. And it wasn't me who brought up this topic.
Central Europe is rather big. But this also means you know more about it than me.
Sure you're not who we're suggesting for, because you're not a breeder. You got the von Hause Norky name from me took, and my son made your webpage too.

My website Your son is not made​​,new address long time.
We speak about who is the breeders and who does not....
You can criticize everyone....
You are the perfect breeding,and perfect for dogs!!! :)))
I could tell about you and you interesting things...

But this many people know so is unnecessary....
And if I can see:
you are not registered breeders on this page...Whether why is that?
Once you find your man ...
Until then, good luck of your "breeders" work!!!!

michaelundinaeichhorn 23-11-2011 22:02

I herewith ask you kindly to stop your private "Hungarian War", I'm not interested in who did whose website...
There are many breeders in so called Central Europe breeding 30-40 dogs a year. Poland, France, Italy, Czech Republic, ....

But that's not the topic.
The topic is that some stud dog owners ask, especially in Italy and France, for ridiculously high fees.
Dogs often without bonitation or endurance test.
Only with meaningless titles from unimportant dog shows.

Cheers,
Michael

Baz 23-11-2011 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn (Bericht 413647)
I herewith ask you kindly to stop your private "Hungarian War", I'm not interested in who did whose website...
There are many breeders in so called Central Europe breeding 30-40 dogs a year. Poland, France, Italy, Czech Republic, ....

But that's not the topic.
The topic is that some stud dog owners ask, especially in Italy and France, for ridiculously high fees.
Dogs often without bonitation or endurance test.
Only with meaningless titles from unimportant dog shows.

Cheers,
Michael

I agree 100%, well said!

z Peronówki 24-11-2011 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 412241)

In Finland you can breed with ill, dysplatic dogs (HD-D).
Also the registration of dogs with falsed pedigrees is possible.

As you can see - nobody is perfect.... :rock_3

z Peronówki 24-11-2011 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowlands (Bericht 412344)
We wrer given such a wide range of prices, it was unbelievable :(. From the very reasonable flat 500 Euros to 1500 Euros plus 50 per living pup :puppy_dog_eyes (we had 9 pups last time!). The argument made for some of the fees was that it was the price of a puppy - well, maybe in their country it was, but certainly not here in Bulgaria :p.

As someone has already mentioned, there are no rules governing this fee - a price is given and if you don't like it, use a different stud. It's as easy as that.

Exactly... Everybody can ask his/her own prices... Even if some prices are ridiculous.... :rock_3

The highest prices I get was 1500EUR in France (mating with a dog which is not even a pure CsW :lol:). For a friend I was asking for a price the owner of poor quality dog (but with good pedigree) from Slovakia - it was 200EUR for a pupy.... :lol:

Personally I do not accept any flat prices. I have very bad experiences with it - there are several cases known were flat prices asked owners of sterile dogs because they were sure they will not earn any money if they will ask the price basing on the number of puppies born....

But to be honest - ONLY the breeder decides which dog he/she will use. The show titles are not important for any serious breeder because they say NOTHING about the quality of the dog. In many cases dogs without any show results are MUCH better than the World and European Winners.
And there are many nice and interesting dogs. If someone is asking stupid price for covering there is really no problem to use other - as good or maybe even better dog - for mating.... ;-)

*Satu 24-11-2011 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by z Peronówki (Bericht 413691)
In Finland you can breed with ill, dysplatic dogs (HD-D).
Also the registration of dogs with falsed pedigrees is possible.

As you can see - nobody is perfect.... :rock_3

How to prevent false registration in Poland? You can´t do nothing

You can breed also whit ill dogs. There is many illnes where you can´t have any tests... But HD-D is bad. :|

z Peronówki 24-11-2011 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by monita (Bericht 412257)
I haven't got any reply for the question I asked. If someone doesn't want to reply in public, I promise I won't post it anywhere if (s)he sends me the price in e-mail ([email protected]).

I see no problem with it - it is 100EUR for every puppy which will survive more than 2 weeks.
Males have HD, ED, DM, dwarfish test, working exams, bonitation and show titles.

The same price ask our German friends and the same prices I heard in many other countries.

Very fair in my opinion....

z Peronówki 24-11-2011 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 413694)
How to prevent false registration in Poland? You can´t do nothing

In Poland it is enough that I write a protest to our Kennel Club if I think that a litter have fake pedigree and the breeder is FORCED to make the DNA tests of the puppies (It is because the kennel club must follow the FCI breeding rules and is responsible for validity of the pedigrees.).

If I'm right the puppies loose the pedigrees. If I'm wrong I must pay for the DNA tests... Easy ;)

It is why no mixes will be ever bred in Poland... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 413694)
You can breed also whit ill dogs. There is many illnes where you can´t have any tests... But HD-D is bad. :|

Yes and no...
If there are rules in Poland they are: you can breed only with HD-A, HD-B and HD-C dogs and one of the parent must be HD-free.
Rules are made by the breed club which do not exist in PL at the moment.

It is why nobody breed with HD-D and HD-E dogs here. BUT it is possible to hide the results in the moment and to breed with not-tested dogs. And some breeders even do this. If the resuts are bad you can hide them - it is why you can not see HD-results by some Polish dogs. Look on the pedigree of Basior and the missing results of Clif and Beatris. It is the most famous Polish case because the breeders published the results of all their dogs with those two exceptions...

Tassle 24-11-2011 19:21

Is the norm to charge a fee per pup? Or just a flat fee? Is the fee payable even if No pups are born?

I was pleasantly surprised when I mated my bitch (not a CsV) that the stud fee was only payable *if* puppies were born.

This was for a fantastic dog who is a WT Ch.

Just being nosy :)

buidelwolf 24-11-2011 19:57

Quote:

The show titles are not important for any serious breeder because they say NOTHING about the quality of the dog. In many cases dogs without any show results are MUCH better than the World and European Winners.
And there are many nice and interesting dogs.
Totally true!
A serious breeder mainly should look at genetically interesting lines to combine. Protecting the fragile gene pool, for instance and the health and character aspect. Focussing on champion titles is old economy, shortsighted. Fortunately there are several breeders who understand this, but unfortunately too many do not.... Often an interesting stud dog does not live close at the door.

The excessive use of champions has already brought many races to the edge of the abyss from health / genetic point of view. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against shows. I see it more as opportunities to see several dogs of our beautiful breed and in order to exchange views and chat with their owners. Show results don't tell me much. There are many dogs that have never been to a show, but are very interesting as Margo says. Also the impartiality at shows or competence of the judges is often very questionable.

*Satu 25-11-2011 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by z Peronówki (Bericht 413698)
In Poland it is enough that I write a protest to our Kennel Club if I think that a litter have fake pedigree and the breeder is FORCED to make the DNA tests of the puppies (It is because the kennel club must follow the FCI breeding rules and is responsible for validity of the pedigrees.).

If I'm right the puppies loose the pedigrees. If I'm wrong I must pay for the DNA tests... Easy ;)

It is why no mixes will be ever bred in Poland... ;)

Yes and no...
If there are rules in Poland they are: you can breed only with HD-A, HD-B and HD-C dogs and one of the parent must be HD-free.
Rules are made by the breed club which do not exist in PL at the moment.

It is why nobody breed with HD-D and HD-E dogs here. BUT it is possible to hide the results in the moment and to breed with not-tested dogs. And some breeders even do this. If the resuts are bad you can hide them - it is why you can not see HD-results by some Polish dogs. Look on the pedigree of Basior and the missing results of Clif and Beatris. It is the most famous Polish case because the breeders published the results of all their dogs with those two exceptions...

If I look Baron spod Dumbiera´s pedigree there is very many dog whit out HD results, there is no any ED results. Same is Ikala and Elys.

Still dog is more than HD or ED results. You can´t find any info about liver problems in Slovakia or Epilepsy or Spondylos or CHARATER problems.

Mist 25-11-2011 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Satu (Bericht 413759)
If I look Baron spod Dumbiera´s pedigree there is very many dog whit out HD results, there is no any ED results

I think HD results were required in Czech (Slovak) Republic from some exact year, and ED results from 2011 (in CZE). That´s why some Baron´s grand grand parents HD and ED results are missing. Only some breeders did it. And see how healthy dogs we have? :)

jefta 26-11-2011 23:01

Quote:

http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/images/...s/viewpost.gif
If I look Baron spod Dumbiera´s pedigree there is very many dog whit out HD results, there is no any ED results
In Poland we had only two litters without HD results-both after this couple.